Unweighted Original Series
Fish them rip with the tip pointed toward the water. The larger the bait, the faster you fish it. I fish the 14″ almost albie fast.
- Boaters: Fall can be an exciting time down the islands, as large stripers tend to be very responsive to big soft baits. You can always count on one thing; our rocky shorelines always hold large striped bass. My favorite way to fish the islands is with unweighted soft plastics. This time of year, I like larger soft baits such as the 10″ original and the 14″ original.
- The Surf: Big soft baits are great eel alternatives in the surf and often produce leading fish each year in the derby. The 14” version weighs almost 2oz and is a serious contender for fishing the short game around ditches and boulders.
Jiggin’ Paddle Series
Fish these baits very slow.
- Boat: In a boat, I like to drift in 10 or more feet of water and bounce the baits over structure in a very slow jigging pattern. Short rise and fall with the rod time with a slow retrieve. Let the bait drop over structure and the paddle will have a seductive strike inducing wobble. In deeper water, dropping the baits over targets on your fish finder is an excellent way to target big fish.
- Shore: Jig head rigged baits are great for fishing sand and gravely beaches with longer rods. Fish them anywhere you would a bucktail, and bounce them on the bottom with a slow steady retrieve.
Advantages to the Oversized 7” Paddle:
- Large paddle create more vibration in the water that draws strikes.
- Large paddle slows the decent of the bait when on the drop. Looks more natural
- They can be rigged on the barbarian jig head, that will NOT ever straighten on a striper.
SI Perfect Tubes
The Tube: Tubes have been around forever and have been catching massive stripers ever since. We launched this tube late last summer and today is one of our best selling products. This tube has a “perfect” wobble built right in. Tip them with a sea worm and fish them at idle speeds with the current. OTW TUBE AND WORM VIDEO
SI Epoxy Jigs
Epoxy Jigs: We brought a classic back. We are the only company we know of that makes this bonito albie classic. These lures cast a country mile. Unlike a metal lure, they can be fished with a medium retrieve. If you’ve fished epoxy lures before, you know what we are talking about. If not, try them and get back to us.