9" Port Directional Splash Bird Bar: (18" Bar)
- Ultra-Splash Surface Action
- Buoyant Floating Bird Design
- Light Weight Stainless Spring Steel
- Replaceable 9inch Stinger
- Vibrant HD UV Squid Teasers
- 130lb Premium Mono Line
- Stainless Steel Chafe Gear
- Center Line Ball Bearing Coslock Snap Swivel
- Designed For Lighter Trolling Outfits
- Enticing Action At 4mph - 12mph Speeds
Lightweight and full of splashing action, the Hogy Splash Bird Bar has quickly become one of the most popular light tackle spreader bars for tuna trolling. Imitative UV infused squid bodies offer irresistible action paired with our stainless spring steel bars. Designed for offshore trolling at four to twelve-knot speeds, these lightweight spreader bars can be trolled on much lighter tackle than traditional titanium rigs. A staff favorite for targeting school Bluefin and Yellowfin tuna along the Northeast Coast and Canyons.
- The bird function of the bar allows the bar to swim well without outriggers, which is important when fished further back.
- The commotion can dd attraction because it is far away from the boats wake, also an attraction.
- The bird bar will float, so if you back off, you can leave the further back bar out while you fight the fish and avoid tangles.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoSl-Ham Sandwich
Couldn’t keep the fish off of this thing…stayed upright perfectly the entire time…after getting beaten up for 4 straight days…she still held together like she was fresh out the box. All good.NSNathan S.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 days agoExcellent line of lures!
This has become an annual purchase for me!JCJohn C.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoGreat solution for a small boat with no outriggers.
New to fishing and often fish alone off a small 18’ cc with no outriggers. Came across Hogy Lure Co and this product which makes line management so much easier and let me put more lines in the water. Ordered the port and starboard bird bars and they do fan out nicely leaving plenty of room in between. Easy to spot and floats. It’s pretty choppy on an average day around here so takes a bit of learning to figure how to adjust the speed and to position these around the wake. Only negative is the sargassum sea weed this time of the year that gets snagged in the bar.RERik E.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoPort sidetracker
To fish for tuna without using outriggersMDMike D.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoTuna slam
This bar outfished my other bars at the Sword the other day. The hooks penetrate well and hold. We went 4 for 4 and this bar accounted for 3 fish to 59”.BGbenjamin g.Verified Buyer