Albie & Bonito Kit (12pc)
- (1) EPO30O
- (1) EPO30PINK
- (1) EPO30AC
- (1) EPO30SS
- (1) HM1SH
- (1) HM1BG
- (1) HM1OL
- (1) BHJ1P
- (1) BHJ1EICE
- (1) ST31-OL
- (1) CS5PB-I
- (1) CGP3A
Albie & Bonito Kit: This comprehensive kit features our favorite Albie and Bonito lures including: Hogy Epoxy Jigs, Heavy Minnow Jigs and Peanut Jigs.
(4) Hogy Epoxy Jigs: The quintessential Albie casting jig. Hogy Epoxy Jigs® offers incredible versatility, excelling in a variety of applications. These ultra imitative surface swimming jigs are ideal imitators of Anchovy, Silversides, Glass Minnows, and Peanut Bunker. A balanced weight/size ratio allows the Epoxy Jig to be fished at a variety of speeds and retrieve styles. Pro Tip: Drop down to ultra-light fluorocarbon leader when Albies are super finicky.
(3) Hogy Heavy Minnow: The Hogy Heavy Minnow Series is our go-to when tiny forage is abundant. Featuring long-range metals as small as 1” long. It’s easy to imitate even the smallest of anchovy, sand eel, and rain bait. We recommend downsizing tackle appropriately. Dropping down to long 10-12lb fluorocarbon leaders and utilizing long casts can crack the code. The jigs can be fished with a stop and drop retrieve at medium to medium-fast speeds.
(2) Peanut Jigs: The Hogy Peanut Bunker Jig excels at long-distance casting when fish are breaking just out of conventional casting range. The full metal body is available in 1oz and 2oz models that perfectly imitate peanut bunker. Simply bomb the jig out and begin a steady retrieve near the surface. The slow side-to-side kick is irresistible to finicky Albies.
(1): 5" 1.5oz Charter Grade Slider: This Charter Slider is an excellent search bait when albies are on the move and feeding on larger forage. Simply cast into open water, point your rod tip down and begin a medium speed steady retrieve for excellent side-to-side action.
(1) 4" 3/4oz Charter Popper: It's hard to beat catching any species on topwater presentations and albies on poppers are one of our favorites. This popper should be fished quickly along the edges of surface feeds. Work the popper with a rapid tip twitch for aggressive topwater strikes!
(1) 3.5" 3/4oz Slowtail Swimbait: This micro-forage imitator is a great option for fishing the "cast and drop" method to target albies suspended mid-water column. Simply allow the Slowtail to sink mid-water column, twitch the bait and allow it to free fall on the drop.
Worked great. Nice weight and easy to cast.
They work the best
This is everything you need to effectively catch albies and Bonito in any condition.