GEN 1 CLOSEOUT OFFER: Tuna Jigging Conventional Rod: Mod-Fast Action 5' 9" MH (4oz - 16oz)
Like most of our lures, the Hogy System: Hogy Tuna Jigging Rod nails the right weight, action and backbone for long days jigging for big tuna. Designed to accommodate heavy drag and big game conventional reels, this rod is easy and fun to use, weighing only 12oz.
Bottom Line: This rod will be your new “everyday” workhorse for big baits and big fish. #FishSimple
Hogy Tuna Jigging Rods and what are they? Our Tuna Jigging Rod series offers the strength, action and durability for targeting big tuna and offshore pelagic and groundfish species on heavy drag. These rods feature a heavy backbone, with just enough tip softness for jigging baits from 4oz - 16oz.
The Tuna Jigging Conventional Rod is built for anglers looking to use heavy jigs with conventional jigging reels. For Northeast anglers, these rods are perfect for targeting big bluefin tuna and deepwater groundfish. For our Southern customers, these rods are a perfect fit for heavy tackle jigging grouper, snapper, amberjack and more!
Hogy Tuna Jigging Rod Applications:
- Slow-Twitch Jigging
- Speed Jigging
- Dead Sticking
Jigs Up To 16oz For Deep Water Groundfish
Hogy Tuna Jigging Rod Features:
- Fast Action Blank For Increase Sensitivity
- Balanced Weight and 5' 9" Length
- Premium-Grade Cork Grip
- Aluminum Reel Seat
- Premium Ceramic Rods
- Avet JX6
- Avet HX5
- Shimano Talica 20 - 25
- Diawa Saltiga 15 - 35
Incredibly balanced and durable saltwater rod designed on Cape Cod, MA.
HOGY® ROD WARRANTY
1-YEAR FIELD TESTER ROD WARRANTY: If your rod is damaged to faulty workmanship, we will happily cover the cost of repair or replacement during the one-year warranty period. Accidental damage rod replacements will have a $25 return shipment fee + replacement cost. Please reach out to customer service to file a warranty claim.
• Coverage: This warranty specifically covers defects in materials and workmanship of the guides on the fishing rod under normal, non-commercial use. It does not cover damage.
• Proof of Purchase: To make a warranty claim, you must provide a valid proof of purchase, such as a sales receipt or order confirmation.
• Exclusions: The warranty does not cover damage to the guides caused by:
• Normal wear and tear
• Abuse, misuse, or neglect
• Accidents or impact damage
• Improper storage
• Rods purchased from unauthorized dealers or resellers
• Warranty Process: If you believe the guides on your fishing rod are covered under warranty, please contact our customer service team. Our team will guide you through the warranty process, which may include returning the product for inspection.
• Resolution: Upon inspection and approval, we will either repair or replace the guides on the fishing rod at our discretion. If the exact model is not available, we may replace it with guides of comparable quality.
- Rated 4 out of 5 stars7 months agoThis rod means business!
Purchased this rod to target bottom fish on Jeffreys ledge (pollock, haddock, cod, cusk and hopefully halibut). This rod has exceeded my expectations in terms of the blank stiffness, the thickness and material of the guides, its reel seat and its overall finish/build. It’s more like a custom rod than a manufactured one. I know Hogy’s description lists this rod as a MH blank, but it feels much more like a H on XH in terms of power. I paired this rod with a Penn Fathom 40NLD2 and it’s more than adequate for bottom fishing 16 ounce jigs and sinkers. The only reason I gave four instead of five stars is because I think a rod of this build should have an aluminum gimbal, but this is a very minor complaint! If I could give it four and a half, I would.JCJohn C.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoHogy jigging rod
Excellent reputation, ease of use and prompt delivery service.DWDANIEL W.Verified Buyer