Back In stock 4/1/24 (TWIN PACK) Hogy Hybrid Conventional Rod: Parabolic Action 5'6" MH
We've designed this ultra-fun rod to be the perfect blend of parabolic action, length, weight, and function for light tackle inshore and offshore trolling. This no-frills workhorse conventional rod addresses the challenges we've had finding suitable tackle for inshore trolling, light tackle tuna, and jigging groundfish.
Why Parabolic Action and what is it? These rods offer a softer bend from the rod tip towards the butt section. This forgiving utility allows the angler to feel every pull of drag and stroke of the fish's tail. This forgiveness is beneficial for trolling, allowing the rod to absorb the strike and offer firm hook sets while used for trolling applications.
The Hogy Hybrid Conventional Rod is built for pairing with compact, high-performance conventional reels, these rods are fantastic for lead-core & in-line weight trolling applications. A favorite technique for targeting Striped Bass, Bluefish, and school-sized Bluefin Tuna.
Hogy Perfect Trolling Rod Features:
- Ultra-Flex Parabolic Action
- Easy To Store 5'6" Length
- Premium-Grade Cork Grip
- Graphite Reel Seat
- Lead-Core Knot-Friendly Guides
- Avet LX6/3 2-Speed
- Daiwa Saltist STTLD30-2SPD
- Shimano Talica 16II TAC16II
Incredibly balanced and durable saltwater rod designed on Cape Cod, MA.
HOGY® ROD WARRANTY
1-YEAR FIELD TESTER ROD WARRANTY: If your rod is damaged to faulty workmanship, we will happily cover the cost of repair or replacement during the one-year warranty period. Accidental damage rod replacements will have a $25 return shipment fee + replacement cost. Please reach out to customer service to file a warranty claim.
• Coverage: This warranty specifically covers defects in materials and workmanship of the guides on the fishing rod under normal, non-commercial use. It does not cover damage.
• Proof of Purchase: To make a warranty claim, you must provide a valid proof of purchase, such as a sales receipt or order confirmation.
• Exclusions: The warranty does not cover damage to the guides caused by:
• Normal wear and tear
• Abuse, misuse, or neglect
• Accidents or impact damage
• Improper storage
• Rods purchased from unauthorized dealers or resellers
• Warranty Process: If you believe the guides on your fishing rod are covered under warranty, please contact our customer service team. Our team will guide you through the warranty process, which may include returning the product for inspection.
• Resolution: Upon inspection and approval, we will either repair or replace the guides on the fishing rod at our discretion. If the exact model is not available, we may replace it with guides of comparable quality.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGreat lookin rods
I bought these rods actually for next season I am thinking of using Shimano’s Speedmaster two speed. I will rig them for jigging and live bait, but also possible on the troll. I gave them 5 stars because of the looks, feel and I believe they will work great!CDCapt. Don L.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoReview of new rods
Bought two of these rods Set up for mo Jo trolling and caught right away last Thursday love these rods. Will probably set up for chunking for tuna next season. Will be ordering two more thanks for a great product. Capt. Walt Gundersen jr. Brielle New Jersey. Fishing on the 31 Bertram. Champagne lady.WGwalter Gundersen j.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoExcellent rod for tuna - versatile!
Love these rods. As a charter captain on a Center Console where space is at a premium, these rods perform and allow for versatility. I use these when I am trolling for tuna in my 5 rod spread and then can convert them to jigging as we switch up tactics. I'm a big fan! This video is of us landing a 59 inch rec tuna in Sept 2023CSCaptain Scott Y.Verified Reviewer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoGets the job done, can't beat it for the price
Got the job done with the Hogy hybrid rod last month South of the Vineyard. Perfect action for this 54" BFT.BFBrian F.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoBetter than expected
I was skeptical that it would do well tube and worm fishing, it exceeded my expectations . I have jigged bass to 30 pounds, but have not attempted tuna yetMMMark M.Verified Buyer
We Also Recommend
In-Line Ball Bearing Trolling Weight (Single)