Like most of our lures, the Hogy System: Hogy Hybrid Spinning Rod nails the overlap between BIG GAME inshore fishing and MEDIUM GAME offshore. Strong and forgiving, this rod excels equally with big tarpon on the flats and busting school bluefin tuna offshore. Designed to accommodate 6,000 to 10,000 class big game spinning reels, this rod is easy and fun to use, weighing only 9.5oz.
Bottom Line: This rod will be your new “everyday” workhorse for big baits and big fish. #FishSimple
Hogy Hybrid Rods and what are they? Our Hybrid Rod series offers the strength, action and durability for targeting your favorite inshore and light tackle offshore species. These rods feature a heavy backbone, with just enough tip softness for casting baits from 1oz - 4oz.
The Hogy Hybrid Spinning Rod is built for anglers looking to use big plugs and heavy swimbaits on 6000 - 10000 class spinning reels. For Northeast anglers, these rods are perfect for targeting big stripers, blues, and small bluefin tuna. For our Southern customers, these rods are a perfect fit for heavy tackle snook, redfish, cobia, and tarpon.
Hogy Hybrid Spinning Rod Applications:
- Casting Large Plugs For Stripers & Blues
- Casting Swimbaits For Tarpon & Snook
- Casting Light Tackle School Size Bluefin Tuna
- Casting Plugs & Softbaits Pelagics Mahi, Cobia, Kingfish
Hogy Hybrid Spinning Rod Features:
- Mod-Fast Action Blank For Increase Sensitivity
- Long Casting 7' Length
- Premium-Grade Cork Grip
- Graphite Reel Seat
- Premium Ceramic Rods
- Shimano Twinpower 6000-10000
- Shimano Saragossa 6000 - 10000
- Diawa Saltist 4500 - 5500
Incredibly balanced and durable saltwater rod designed on Cape Cod, MA.
XL Dogwalker Stripers On Hybrid Spinning Rod
Late Fall Bluefin Tuna On Hybrid Spinning Rod
Boca Grande Tarpon Fishing
HOGY® ROD WARRANTY
1-YEAR FIELD TESTER ROD WARRANTY: If your rod is damaged to faulty workmanship, we will happily cover the cost of repair or replacement during the one-year warranty period. Accidental damage rod replacements will have a $25 return shipment fee + replacement cost. Please reach out to customer service to file a warranty claim.
• Coverage: This warranty specifically covers defects in materials and workmanship of the guides on the fishing rod under normal, non-commercial use. It does not cover damage.
• Proof of Purchase: To make a warranty claim, you must provide a valid proof of purchase, such as a sales receipt or order confirmation.
• Exclusions: The warranty does not cover damage to the guides caused by:
• Normal wear and tear
• Abuse, misuse, or neglect
• Accidents or impact damage
• Improper storage
• Rods purchased from unauthorized dealers or resellers
• Warranty Process: If you believe the guides on your fishing rod are covered under warranty, please contact our customer service team. Our team will guide you through the warranty process, which may include returning the product for inspection.
• Resolution: Upon inspection and approval, we will either repair or replace the guides on the fishing rod at our discretion. If the exact model is not available, we may replace it with guides of comparable quality.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoGreat Rod at a good price
Much of the spinning rod market has moved towards high modulous, extremely fast action blanks. This rod reminds me of the discontinuous St. Croix 20-40lb Premier spinning rod. It has enough backbone to lift a 50-80lb fish and will comfortably flex into the cork grip. The softer flexability of the blank is forgiving to anglers and absorbs the head shakes or surging runs that can cause the loss of larger fish with braided lines. Very happy with this rod, it is a simple specific tool for a specific job and will be ordering more.SRSHAUN R.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoNew Rod
Bought this Rod to target big stripers from the boat. Have been looking all over for a 1-3oz plug rod, and had tremendous difficulty finding one that did not sacrifice sensitivity. I already have a heavier tuna popping rod, but this rod paired with my penn slammer 6500 could also be the perfect Mahi setup.TAThomas A.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoPerfect striper rod
love it for fishing cotton cordell pencils to gibbs and other topwater. P.S yall used a different rod when demonstrating tarponCBchristopher b.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoGreat rod
Love the rod been chasing big jacks, cobia and hoping for a tarpon. The rod has a good tip and had the power to move big fish I matched it with a saltist 5000JSjames s.Verified Buyer
- Rated 3 out of 5 stars7 months agoHybrid inshore
Like the rod . Prefer a longer butt section. Would like the up about 2 more inchesTHTom h.Verified Buyer