Casting to Stripers in Boulder Fields & Reefs

Stripers use the structure as it supports a whole food chain, providing the opportunity to ambush unsuspecting baitfish swept by the current. 85% of the fish you catch in or around the structure will be during the peak portions of the tides but the other 15% caught at slack tide might be your biggest!

Boulder Casting Striped Bass

Play The Wind: Onshore winds also tend to produce more waves or the kind of “white water” that bass, especially larger ones, prefer. If the tide is moving over the structure, the smaller fish will be upfront and on top and often the larger fish will be a little deeper and farther back into the structure.

Be Tactical: Notice EVERYTHING. For example, a bunch of birds sitting on rocks “watching” suggests that “something” recently happened (which means it might happen again) or the birds think something is about to happen based on their past experience.

Hogy Boat Striper Casting Guide

Our Recommendations

Protail: 5.5" 2oz Paddle

150 reviews
Regular price $8.95
PT BLACK GOLD
PT BLUE BUTTER
PT BLACK GOLD
PT BONE
PT GHOST
PT CHART BONE
PT BLACK SILVER
PT PEANUT BUNKER
PT BLACK
PT OLIVE
PT SILVER
PT BLUE
KIT

Charter Grade Slider: 1.5oz - 5inch

29 reviews
Sale price $14.95
T-WHITE
T-WHITE
CG AMBER
CG PINK SILVER
T-PINK
CG HERRING
CG ALBIE CRACK
CG OLIVE SILVER
CG PEANUT BUNKER
CG GREEN SILVER
CG ECHIX
KIT

Charter Grade Popper: 1 5/8oz - 5.5inch

15 reviews
Sale price $16.95
T-WHITE
T-WHITE
T-PINK
CG AMBER
CG ALBIE CRACK
CG OLIVE SILVER
CLEAR
CG GREEN SILVER
CG BLUE SILVER
KIT

Charter Grade Popper: 3.5oz - 7inch

Regular price $21.95
T-WHITE
T-WHITE
CG OLIVE SILVER
T-PINK
CG ALBIE CRACK
CG BLUE SILVER
CG CLEAR

Striper Casting Kit (8pc)

4 reviews
Sale price $79.95

Hogy Striper Playbook (Printed 28 Pages)

1 review
Regular price $6.95