(TWIN PACK) Hogy Hybrid Conventional Rod: Parabolic Action 5'6" MH
We've designed this ultra-fun rod to be the perfect blend of parabolic action, length, weight, and function for light tackle inshore and offshore trolling. This no-frills workhorse conventional rod addresses the challenges we've had finding suitable tackle for inshore trolling, light tackle tuna, and jigging groundfish.
Why Parabolic Action and what is it? These rods offer a softer bend from the rod tip towards the butt section. This forgiving utility allows the angler to feel every pull of the drag and stroke of the fish's tail. This forgiveness is beneficial for trolling, allowing the rod to absorb the strike and offer firm hook sets while used for trolling applications.
The Hogy Hybrid Conventional Rod is built for pairing with compact, high-performance conventional reels, these rods are fantastic for lead-core & in-line weight trolling applications. A favorite technique for targeting Striped Bass, Bluefish, and school-sized Bluefin Tuna.
Hogy Perfect Trolling Rod Features:
- Ultra-Flex Parabolic Action
- Easy To Store 5'6" Length
- Premium-Grade Cork Grip
- Graphite Reel Seat
- Lead-Core Knot Friendly Guides
- Avet LX6/3 2-Speed
- Daiwa Saltist STTLD30-2SPD
- Shimano Talica 16II TAC16II
Incredibly balanced and durable saltwater rod designed on Cape Cod, MA.
HOGY® ROD WARRANTY
1-YEAR FIELD TESTER ROD WARRANTY: If your rod is damaged to faulty workmanship, we will happily cover the cost of repair or replacement during the one-year warranty period. Accidental damage rod replacements will have a $25 return shipment fee + replacement cost. Please reach out to customer service to file a warranty claim.
• Coverage: This warranty specifically covers defects in materials and workmanship of the guides on the fishing rod under normal, non-commercial use. It does not cover damage.
• Proof of Purchase: To make a warranty claim, you must provide a valid proof of purchase, such as a sales receipt or order confirmation.
• Exclusions: The warranty does not cover damage to the guides caused by:
• Normal wear and tear
• Abuse, misuse, or neglect
• Accidents or impact damage
• Improper storage
• Rods purchased from unauthorized dealers or resellers
• Warranty Process: If you believe the guides on your fishing rod are covered under warranty, please contact our customer service team. Our team will guide you through the warranty process, which may include returning the product for inspection.
• Resolution: Upon inspection and approval, we will either repair or replace the guides on the fishing rod at our discretion. If the exact model is not available, we may replace it with guides of comparable quality.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoGets the job done, can't beat it for the price
Got the job done with the Hogy hybrid rod last month South of the Vineyard. Perfect action for this 54" BFT.BFBrian F.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBetter than expected
I was skeptical that it would do well tube and worm fishing, it exceeded my expectations . I have jigged bass to 30 pounds, but have not attempted tuna yetMMMark M.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWhat a joy to jig!
The cork grip is terrific and the action incredible.BBBill B.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month ago5'6" trolling rods are just about perfect
I bought four of these for trolling, 2 w/ lead core and 2 w/ braid, targeting blues, stripers, and smaller tuna.
Love the rods, light weight, just right length, perfect "medium" action to handle mid-size to larger fish, and I'm a huge fan of the extended cork handle above the reel allowing for straight arm comfort helping minimize strain on arms and back.KHKyle H.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove "Stubby"
I really enjoy this rod and have used it on George's Bank for haddock/pollock & cod and Nantucket Shoals for Jumbo Fluke.
Bottom fishing with 14 oz - 16 oz of lead and jigging. I have paired it with a Shimano TR2000 with 40lb. braid.
Stubby stands up to the teasing from the mates on the Helen H for being so short compared to other 7' poles. However they all are in praise on the amount of cork and quality of the rod.
The one critique I have is there is a large part of the feral sticking out the underside of the rod tip, that always seems to snag the line when dropping to the bottom. This item should be smooth with the rod so as not to snag the line.
Since I had to sell my Wellcraft, I no longer have the flexibility to head out in search of stripers, etc. Watching your videos' allows me to remember the good times. Jealous of your adventures, but looking forward to each one.
Rich M.RMRichard M.Verified Reviewer
We Also Recommend
In-Line Ball Bearing Trolling Weight (Single)