9" Port Directional Splash Bird Bar: (18" Bar)
- Ultra-Splash Surface Action
- Buoyant Floating Bird Design
- Light Weight Stainless Spring Steel
- Replaceable 9inch Stinger
- Vibrant HD UV Squid Teasers
- 130lb Premium Mono Line
- Stainless Steel Chafe Gear
- Center Line Ball Bearing Coslock Snap Swivel
- Designed For Lighter Trolling Outfits
- Enticing Action At 4mph - 12mph Speeds
Lightweight and full of splashing action, the Hogy Splash Bird Bar has quickly become one of the most popular light tackle spreader bars for tuna trolling. Imitative UV infused squid bodies offer irresistible action paired with our stainless spring steel bars. Designed for offshore trolling at four to twelve-knot speeds, these lightweight spreader bars can be trolled on much lighter tackle than traditional titanium rigs. A staff favorite for targeting school Bluefin and Yellowfin tuna along the Northeast Coast and Canyons.
- The bird function of the bar allows the bar to swim well without outriggers, which is important when fished further back.
- The commotion can dd attraction because it is far away from the boats wake, also an attraction.
- The bird bar will float, so if you back off, you can leave the further back bar out while you fight the fish and avoid tangles.
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoTrolling day
Works amazing for not having outrigger system. You won’t be disappointed. I was out trolling for tuna but the bass and blue fish were all over this rig. I did have a bluefin hit this rig and take about 80 yards of line and shook the hook about 30 feet from the boat.TDThomas D.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSmall boat tuna
These bird bars are exactly what is needed for chasing tuna with a small boat. They float and are directional so, in my case with no outriggers, I can fish 4 rods easily. Port and starboard directional birds, a straight bar way back and one harness jig in close. Perfect!STSteve T.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoSl-Ham Sandwich
Couldn’t keep the fish off of this thing…stayed upright perfectly the entire time…after getting beaten up for 4 straight days…she still held together like she was fresh out the box. All good.NSNathan S.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 minutes agoExcellent service
I had an issue with the starboard directional splash bar and Hogy replaced it with no issues. The new one works perfectly. I find this is the one that tuna hit the most when trolling a four spread.ACAlistair C.Verified Buyer
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoTuna bird Bars
Had a tangle issue with my outside bird bars. Called Hogy and got fantastic customer support. Issue was my rigging, not the bird bars. They directed me how to correctly rig, even got a follow up email from the Customer Service manager and the owner. Hogy even replaced the bars in question just in case my miss-use may have caused a line memory issue. Best customer support I had in decades! Birds bars perform as advertised, issue free. Can’t say enough good about the products and the company.CMChristopher M.Verified Buyer
We Also Recommend
9" Classic Splash Straight- Line Bird Bar: (18" Bar)
9" Starboard Directional Splash Bird Bar: (18" Bar)
Capt. Mike's 7-Rod Tuna Spread Kit (7pc) ($770.00 Value)
Capt. Mike's 4-Rod No Outrigger Tuna Spread Kit + Mesh Storage Bag (4pc) ($610.00 Value)